Sunday 7 October 2012

BeHeld at Evershed Arts.

BeHeld played at Evershed Arts in the Unitarian Chapel in Billingshurst last night.
Shipwrecked were on the same bill.

Shipwrecked include my friends Anne and Alan who are also members of Cotillion.
Shipwrecked play a very engaging type of traditional folk music, a type of sound that seems to be slowly, and sadly, disappearing around these parts.
I'm so tempted to go into a rant about the local 'folk' scene, but I think I can restrain myself...

...for now.

The current version of BeHeld (GOW, Mr. Mick, Mystic Rog, and myself) has been together for around a year now.
Last night we really hit top form.
The performance was the best we've ever done and was probably the best gig I've ever done in my whole life.

The set list included:

  • Beheld
  • Come Here
  • When The Spring Has Come
  • You & Me
  • In No Strange Land
  • Heart
  • Be Still My Beating Heart
  • It Must Be True
  • In The Smoke
  • Off Course
  • The Ballad of the Lost Prophet

No recordings, other than a few photographs, were made.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yep- a great gig from Beheld.

There is something natural and authentic about the band - no egos on show - just music with soul.

Thanks for supporting Evershed Arts.

Anonymous said...

Yes - it was a great night.

You are a band with spirit, soul and no egos on show. A rarity.

Thanks for supporting us at Evershed Arts.

evershedarts@blogspot.co.uk