Monday 2 April 2012

The Problems With A Good Sort Out.

In an attempt to maximise my eBay sales potential I've been turning the attic upside down.
I have a habit of filling any box or tin I can find with 'stuff' that may come in useful at a later date.
You'd be amazed at how many boxes and tins I've filled, I was.

My basic strategy was to empty everything out on the floor then sort the contents out into basic categories.
Good plan, fell at first hurdle.

I have a cabinet I rescued from a skip, I painted it green then stuck some bicycle-style reflectors on it.
The original handles disappeared somewhere, probably into a box somewhere, and I've been on the look-out for replacements.
The first tin I chose to sort out had, amongst other things, a selection of cabinet handles in it and I instantly became distracted by the task of fitting them to the cabinet.
Easy enough, couple of screws, 10 minute job, unless, like me, you decide that two of the handles need to be sprayed green:

Two hours later I've fitted them:

Which turns out to be a bit of a problem as on opening the draws, for the first time in ages because they didn't have handles, I find they're filled with even more stuff that needs to be sorted out.

The first item that came out of the cabinet was an paint spray can with a small amount of black paint in it.
I was unable to achieve anything till I used the paint up so I took the tin I'd emptied at the start of this post outside and sprayed it black:
The rest of the day continued in much the same way.
The attic floor is now covered in an odd jumble of disconnected items, there's a stack of tins and boxes in one corner of the room that I can't get to because of the odd jumble strewn across the floor and I'm beginning to wish I'd left well alone and just got on with posting the items I do have ready for sale onto eBay.

This will run and run.

2 comments:

Oldfool said...

When that has happened to me, and it has on several occasions, I get a strong urge to burn the house down with all in it and be done with it.

OutaSpaceMan said...

Oh, don't tempt me.