Saturday 7 April 2012

The Place Where "Sea Girt" Used To Be.

I was in our local (in)convenience shop the other morning, behind the counter 'S' was having a bit of a rant about a new development that was beginning to rob the sunlight from her little garden.

A while ago I took a picture of the building that occupied the space:
Sea Girt
Although I can't say for certain, I'm sure 'Sea Girt' was based on two railway carriages placed side by side.
When it came up for sale I was almost tempted to start playing the lottery on the slim off-chance I might win and be able to afford to buy the building.

It was sold with planning permission for a 3 or 4 story development.
I walked past the site today which now looks like this:
I think I really preferred the original building and wonder about the future for the rest of the area:

Time will tell.

I advised 'S' about how she should make her concerns known to the local planning authority (I used to be a local councillor) but my feeling is it's now to late to do anything.

0 comments: