Monday 6 February 2012

Swings and Roundabouts.

Today was one of 'those' days.
I watched the ambulance take away an elderly neighbour who'd had a stroke.
I completely failed, despite lots of useful and accurate advice from Mr. Glyn Webster, to install Debian on the EeePC.
I constructed a little hut:
The silver lizard used to be one of Linda's ear rings
and I walked out of my job.

S'funny, I checked Saradywn's blog Mad Ramblings first thing this morning and it was spookily predictive with lots of consolatory words and a bare lady (bonus!)

2 comments:

saradwyn3 said...

O wow. Being walked out of my job was the thing i most had in mind in reference to that painting...truly awful people, some of them.
But i couldn't have stayed there much longer and kept soul or sanity, and i had probably had already stayed too long. It ended up being a good thing ( i tell myself this daily as i eat the Ramen of unemployment: ))
Hoping yours is a change for the better; a sea-change without seasickness, maybe.
Best wishes for the neighbour too.

OutaSpaceMan said...

In the short-term it's a bit of nuisance, but no more than that.
I've got two companies chasing me to work for them but my plan is to raise a bit of capital, buy two or three machines, go into business for myself and, in time, create employment for other people.

I the past, when I wore a suit to go to work, I helped put companies back on the road to survival/profit.
I thought I could do the same in this recent situation but sometimes you've got to put the whip down and admit the horse is dead.