Tuesday 14 February 2012

Heart.

I've been working on BeHeld's version of my song "Heart".
I didn't feel it was BeHeld material but the band seem to differ with my point of view (which doesn't cause me any problem at all because they're right of course).
The underlying form is "Motorik" which works surprisingly well on acoustic instruments.
We drafted in ace percussionist Microbe to kick the track along using a Cajon,  aka Spanish Box, it's an astonishingly versatile instrument.

I posted the original demo last year:
It really sounds weak in comparison to the new version and I've still got to record Mystic Rog's guitar part and Mr. Wills' violin.

The 'inspiration' for the lyric came from a line scratched in the run out groove of a Buzzcocks single that stuck in my head down the years.

The sundry mortification being I got so immersed in mixing the track and my on-going eBay sales I hadn't realised today is St. Valentine's day.

oops.

0 comments: