Wednesday 15 February 2012

A Lesson Learned.

I've spent a good proportion of the day packing my eBay sales.
I did make enough money to buy that really good quality tenor ukulele, and a hard-case for it as well.
That plan's out of the window though.

I realised, after furiously packing the items, that transporting them to the post office may prove difficult unless I managed to stretch my arms by about another two feet.
Light bulb over head incident!
I dug out the shopping trolly I was going to use the wheels from for something, dusted it off and loaded it up.
The post office is about 1/4 of a mile away and, having drawn the venn diagram, worked out that the utility to embarrassment was worth it.
Taking as round-about-but-direct route as I could make, I arrive outside the Felpham Post Office.

Is anyone familiar with the concept of "half-day closing"?
HALF-DAY BLOODY CLOSING!???
Monumental bollocks on stilts more like!

I don't care what the little-England-traditional-pre-decimalised-to-many-eastern- europeans-Daily-Mail/Express-reading-muslims-ate-our-dog-or-was-it-an-urban-fox-because-they-eat-babies-y'know-bring-back-weekly-rubbish-collection-and -flogging brigade think.
Half-day closing in the Twenty-First century, especially of a POST-OFFICE is ridiculous!
And typing of ridiculous...

I now have to trundle the shopping trolly to the main post office in Bognor Regis.
The nice lady (Rosie) behind the counter, smiled and complimented me on my lovely trolly.

I'm still a long, long way off my target for the steam-cleaner I want but I grow more determined by the day to own one.
In the meantime, here's a picture to remind me of what the target actually is:
              
                     If I'm going to spend £900 on you, you'd better learn to smile mate.
                           

0 comments: