Saturday 5 March 2011

Our New Kitchen: Stage 01 (Complete)

So, it took me three hours to completely remove, bag up and take the partition wall to the tip.
Believe it or not, and despite all the excitingly live electrical cables hanging out of the walls, the kitchen is greatly improved already.
The whole process was achieved with very little swearing and only one small cut to the index finger of my right hand (surprisingly large amount of blood though).
The most unpleasant aspect of the work was removing all the ancient greasy filth that had accumulated behind all the fittings.

I expected to be able to say "it makes the room look bigger" but it doesn't.
Odd that.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

So you never chop things, or roll dough out or anything else that generally requires counter space?

OutaSpaceMan said...

The top of the washing is quite a useful space for that sort of thing.
On Monday a whole 6 meters of worktop is being delivered for me to cut up whist swearing like a Tourette's sufferer.

Wartime Housewife said...

Although it's ghastly at the moment, you'll be so happy when it's finished.

Have you got one those apps on an iPhone that takes retro looking photos?

OutaSpaceMan said...

Ahoy WH !

Ghastly?
Tell me about it.
When I first met Linda (12 years ago) she was using a Baby Belling cooker with one working ring.
You think it looks ghastly now you should have seen it then!
The worst job was removing the Expelair fan.
I swear you could have lubricated a medium sized steam engine with the black grease on the blades of it.

And yes I have an app called Retro Camera on my iPod Touch.
Best free app I've used up to press.

I use the 'Little Orange Box' camera (USSR 1975).
"The Soviet Staple with aggressive cross processing and scratched square film. It's crappy plastic lens leaks in light and exhibits strong vignetting",
according to the blurb.

Which is an uncannily accurate description of my eye-sight as well.

P.Tash said...

You must embrace the Tourettes, OSM. It's for the best trust me :-)