Thursday 31 March 2011

Breakfast is Served.

I have very few 'routines' in my life but breakfast is set in stone.
I can't think until I've had my breaky.

This morning I'm going to have poached eggs.
For this I will need:
Two eggs. Of course I prefer newly laid free range eggs from hens that have been  ethically treated and have cushions to sit on but I'm going to use the two eggs that I found in the unmarked egg box.
A saucepan. I've chosen the smallest one.
Some boiling water.
Two slices of bread. Of course I prefer newly laid free range bread from bakers that have been ethically treated and have cushions to sit on but I'm going to use two of the slices I found in the packet that don't show evidence of mold.
A toaster, a slotted spoon, a cooker, a kettle, a plate, salt, pepper, and some butter.

Boil some water in the kettle then decant into the saucepan.
Wait till the water starts to bubble furiously.
Add a pinch of salt to the water then 'spin it up' with the slotted spoon.
Break the eggs and drop them into the whirlpool in the saucepan then turn the heat off.

Put the bread into the toaster and activate.

Stand about till toast is ready.
When the toast 'pops up' put it on the plate and spread with butter.
Using the slotted spoon remove eggs from the saucepan and place on the toast.
Add a sprinkle of pepper, serve, eat.
I've also added a mug of industrial strength coffee.

0 comments: