Tuesday 15 March 2011

Cardboard Reality Interventions 2011: No. 74

Reality Bites Back
This series of 'instruction' interventions was created and put in place on the 10th of March.
I'd been working on a new song which contained a line I really liked and I decided it would become CRI No. 74.

At 2:46 (JST) on the 11th of March an 8.9/9.0 magnitude earthquake hit the Pacific Ocean off the Northeasten coastal region of Japan which caused a devastating tsunami.
Because I don't watch television and don't read newspapers I was unaware of the disaster until the 12th of March when I saw the details on a discarded newspaper in a restaurant.

I have deliberated about the wisdom of posting this intervention as I didn't want it to be seen as either crass or, trying to make some kind of flippant comment on the terrible situation the victims now find themselves in and, given the situation at the nuclear power plants, may effect many more.

This intervention is dedicated to the people of Japan.

Tangmere Airfield (disused) 10/03/11:

0 comments: