Wednesday 16 March 2011

Another Sign of The Time.

My first experiment in clock construction fired my imagination.
I sped off to our local art supply shop to buy a quartz clock movement.
"That'll be £5.65... sir."
I left the shop a bit down-hearted but then had one of those rare moments of clarity and hit the charity shops.
Within half an hour I had 3 clocks and had paid no more than £1.50 for any of them.
Just looking at the picture above I realise that I'm going to have to adjust the '7' indicator.

7 comments:

The City Folk Club said...

And how much do AA batteries cost?

Frank Key said...

Splendid!

Anonymous said...

We'll know you're well on your way to thoroughly around the bend when you update your skeleton stencil so the lines issuing from its skull are only 30 degrees apart, and you make a clock similar to this one where the skeletons on each side are ALSO hosts to working clocks.

Wartime Housewife said...

Wonderful.

OutaSpaceMan said...

D,S&W,
Is that a philosophical question?
Then, the earth ultimately I suppose.

FK & WH,
Thanks for your encouragement you great stars.

J.J.
Have you been reading my mind again?
(Quite a thin volume I suspect).

Anonymous said...

... and then you find a way to synch googley eyes to a tick-tock beat ...

Future generations will hear of the ultimate project and say, "This was their Stonehenge."

Anonymous said...

By the way, here's my clock: http://www.cafepress.com/justjohn_g.63683380

As Stang has pointed out about Cafepress clocks, the clock part is extremely cheesy. But it's the re-alignment concept that I'm proud of. It goes ... to eleven ...