Monday 5 March 2012

G.E.C. Toaster Catalogue No. D5605A

I'm about to list this toaster on eBay.
Outside of the information in the title, I know little about it other than it still makes toast.
In fact it makes excellent toast, one side at a time.
When I pull the little door down to check on the toasted side it conveniently flips the bread to the un-toasted side.
Once the toast is ready it can be stacked on top of the toaster to keep it warm.
Of course, for the un-wary it's potentially lethal so I've cut the plug off just in case an idiot were to buy it.

The question that's always been in the back of my mind when I used the toaster was "I wonder if it would work on Pop-Tarts?"

Now I will never know.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Make sure you include the word 'Steampunk' in the item description when you list it. ;)

Sorry!
I'll go and wash my mouth out with strong soap immediately.

OutaSpaceMan said...

Oh you cheeky monkey! ;-)
Anyway, isn't it more 'diesel' than 'steam'?

Anonymous said...

Yes indeed, but let's not start debating such matters.

My girlfriend gets vast quantities of mail from eBay because she has set up notifications for new listings with certain terms in the description. Despite much tweaking, most of the time these prove to be 'false positives'.
They arise because people try to improve the visibility of their items by adding popular terms to the descriptions like:

"A lovely Victorian stripped pine, shabby chic, wardrobe (boho, bohemian, steampunk, teenage, throbbing..."
etc.

OutaSpaceMan said...

I see what you mean & understand how frustrating that might be.
Rest assured it's not a tactic I' m tempted to employ.
Mind you, adding "suicide device" may attract a few more potential customers.

saradwyn3 said...

well I might've bought it if it had the plug! ; P