Tuesday 25 September 2012

Disturbing Development: Updated.

I'm having difficulty with the sight in my left eye.
If I hold my hand over my right eye and scan the room with my left eye anything I can see past a huge grey blur seems to be coated in abalone.
The eyeball and the area around it feel swollen and painful.

Alarming as this development is the most annoying aspect of the situation is having to go to the doctors and try to explain what I'm (not) seeing.

Which is a bloody nuisance.

Update.

Hmmm,
I rang the doctor's surgery and got an immediate appointment.
I had to more or less run the 2 miles to the surgery to get there on time.
I regained my composure whilst sitting in the waiting room:
IMG_6129
Into the consulting room with the lovely Doctor W.
Blood pressure and pulse are measured and I am declared a 'very fit' man. (Hey!)
Lights are shone in my eyes, I read what I can from a chart across the room.
The good doctor is on the phone to the eye dept at the hospital in Chichester.
They can't see me (geddit?).
The good doctor is on the phone to the eye dept at the hospital in Worthing.
I am to go there straight away.
Well,
I have to return home first then get the train to Worthing.

I walk back home along the sea front, the heavens open their water tanks, throw the contents into the gale that's blowing, and aim it at me:
IMG_6133
Oh, the dreadful wind and rain.
Which makes a good day even better.

I have developed a mild concern for my welfare.

L8r.

3 comments:

Le Sanglier said...

That is discouraging! Did you google diagnose yourself at all? Sometimes it helps, sometimes not. I hope the doc understands your explanations and is interested in your well being. You are an incredible visual artist so your vision needs to get well soon! And I would think that the starry bike rides home from the modern cloak room require both eyes. Maybe not. What do you think?

Le Sanglier said...

So no word on what it could be that ails your eye? Just another appt at the hospital? Oiks... waiting sucks.

saradwyn3 said...

See what happens when I'm away from the internets for any length of time? All hell breaks loose.

BE HEALED!