Friday 24 June 2011

A 'Tuc-Tuc' Arrives in Bognor Regis (exclusive video and pictures). Updated.

My goodness! Bogor Regis is an exciting town to be in this week.
Hot on the tail of a Hovercraft being washed up on the beach we see the arrival of our first Tuc-Tuc taxi service.

I emerged from the arcade to see a little knot of people stood around a very shiny little vehicle (out of shot):
There was a confused elderly gentleman dressed as a clown who had been delivered to the town centre in the Tuc-Tuc.
The other gentleman dressed as a clown is the mayor of Bognor Regis.
The mayor was in the process of wrapping up the 'event' and I was sore disappointed that I'd missed the whole thing.
Then the mayor announced that there would have to be a re-run for the benefit of the BBC who had been delayed.
The elderly gentleman dressed as a clown was re-loaded into the Tuc-Tuc and the little knot of people waved it off as it disappeared down the High Street.
Then the little knot of people waved at the Tuc-Tuc as it re-appeared at the other end of the High Street.
Unfortunately the BBC still hadn't turned up.
The little knot of people shuffled about, some handing out leaflets, some (local press I think) snapped more pictures of the Tuc-Tuc and the confused elderly gentleman dressed as a clown who decided to remain seated in it.

The BBC man arrived.
Lots of handshaking and BBC man type pointing.
What happened next (not very much) can be seen here:
The person that interests me most is the midget in the black county-court suit c/w black shirt and sunglasses. I'm not exactly sure what his purpose was.
Anyway, I wish the owner of the Tuc-Tuc every success and I'll keep him in my thoughts especially around 11:00 p.m. on any given Friday or Saturday night.
To finish here's a picture of the owner of the Tuc-Tuc with the confused elderly gentleman dressed as a clown:
Awwww, bless.

Update:
I notice that the Wikipedia entry for the Tuc-Tuc or, Auto-rickshaw informs the reader that "autorickshaws can be found in many developing countries".
So, there's hope for Bognor Regis yet. 

3 comments:

Oldfool said...

"White people do some of the strangest things." ~unknown native American

The City Folk Club said...

You missed me!
I was on that 700 bus that inconsiderately got in the way!

Glyn said...

That was Adie's Tuc Tuc:

http://www.adiestuctuc.co.uk/

I've subscribed myself to his Tuc-Tuc blog. I'm now very curious about this.