Thursday 2 June 2011

Mungo The Cargo Ship Returns To Littlehampton.

I've become a ship-spotter.
As I've just taken up ship-spotting I thought it best to restrict my spotting to one ship.
Using this site: Marine Traffic I've tracked the comings and goings of Mungo the Cargo Ship as it plies it's trade back and forth across the English Channel.
Imagine my excitement when Mungo started heading back toward Littlehampton.
On Tuesday evening I could see Mungo from my attic window. It was anchored about a mile off shore waiting to enter Littlehampton on Wednesday morning.

I cycled down to Littlehampton yesterday to watch Mungo sail into port up the Arun river:
I then hurtled off to film Mungo passing the retractable bridge:
Back on the bike to ride down and film Mungo turning round before mooring:
I'm not sure how much more of this kind of excitement I can take.
Maybe ship-spotting's not for me.

4 comments:

Glyn said...

What does Mungo carry, by the way?

OutaSpaceMan said...

Sand as far as I can tell.

Frank Key said...

The comings and goings and moorings and turning-arounds of Mungo are highly addictive, at least they are in this neck of the woods. I am afraid you are going to have to continue both spotting and filming just to keep me sane.

thingsingeneral said...

These 200 foot cargo vessels are fascinating and can be bought for US$300,000 or so. https://www.maritimesales.com/AFS10.htm