Thursday 28 January 2010

Relieving The Pressure...

I am eternally grateful to Mr. G. Webster for reminding me of this procedure and suggesting a way it might be achieved...

I used a Dremel to drill a hole in my thumb nail to relieve the pressure build up...
The effects were immediate..!
My thumb doesn't hurt anymore..
Result..!
I may have gone a little to far when I decided to give my thumb nail a 'smiley face'...
I was stopped when Linda shouted that she couldn't get to sleep for the sound of drilling and screaming...
(She'd assumed I was attempting to do my own fillings again..)
All's well that ends well..
Thanks Glyn.

5 comments:

Oldfool said...

A man with a dremel is unstoppable.

Glyn said...

Hey wait! Did you use the Dremel motor and all? I was suggesting just lightly, patiently twirling the littlest drill bit between your fingers...

P. Tash said...

Nice work OSM!

I've been known to take out the odd filling with me' dremel too, with pretty much the same idea as you drilling your thumb nail; to relieve the pressure. Worked a treat :-)

just john said...

I'd heard of doing that with a red-hot pin end. It melts a hole in the nail large enough to relieve the pressure.

But I congratulate you on your manliness in figuring out how to insert a power tool into the equation.

Anonymous said...

i did something like that once except with a paper clip held over a candle it hurt like hell