Sunday 1 January 2012

Model Tri-Plane.

Linda bought me a press-out & slot-together airplane kit sometime ago.
With nothing especially pressing yesterday I finally got round to building it.

The pack suggests the kit might be suitable for a younger child to construct.
I'd like to meet the child who could, using the supplied instructions, end up with any kind of finished product.

It took me all afternoon to work out how it went together then, having stood back to admire it, deciding to break it down and paint it a jolly purple colour:

The bits that look light-blue are actually silver.
I've been flying it round the flat for hours now.

2 comments:

Wartime Housewife said...

What a magnificent thing.
Happy New Year to you both (Linda that is, not the plane...)

The City Folk Club said...

I really want one of those.
In adolescence I was surrounded by 'Airfix' plastic kits, polystyrene cement and Humbrol paints.
The Avro-Lancaster was my favourite.
That died when the nylon string that suspended the model to my bedroom ceiling gave way.
I was inconsolable.
I remain bereft.