Wednesday 13 April 2011

Uke @ the Duke.


I've just returned from the Uke At The Duke Shoreham Ukulele Jam.
Fun, fun, fun, fun, fun until we hit two particular songs that are indelibly fused into my mind.
Knock Three Times and Rose Garden.

A very, very long time ago I played guitar in a 'club' band and had to perform those two songs (along with Una Paloma Blanca, Tie A Yellow Ribbon Round The Old Oak Tree, Hi Ho Silver Lining and Y Viva Espana) in heavy rotation throughout the night.

Initially I got a, sort of unpleasant 'flash-back' but as I played along the horrors melted away and I realised what a couple of good-time songs they really are.

So thanks to Lawrie (?), who I think organises the jam, for helping me exorcise those particular demons.
I feel much better now.
I really do.

All together now:

0 comments: