Friday 14 May 2010

Radio. Live Transmission.

I'm primed and ready to go.
Above is a picture the exciting atmosphere in the radio studio featuring the shows presenter Mr. Ken Hobbs and his brother in law David.
The show went well from my point of view despite a touch of 'ham-fisted-ness' creeping in to my playing on the first song.
I was asked some questions about how I got into music, how I write songs, my production jobs and the City Folk Club where I'm the M.C.
I'd anticipated being asked these questions and had half-heartedly rehearsed my responses but still ended up babbling quite a bit.
Ken played the song 'Somewhere Along The Road' from the album I produced for Cottilion.
It's the first time I'd heard any of the tracks on decent monitors and, even though I say it myself, I was impressed by the job I'd done for them.
I played 3 of my own songs and Daisy Bell.
I wasn't able to promote my album, not because it isn't available on iTunes yet but because it's certainly not a folk music album by any stretch of the imagination.
So my 15 minutes are over.
I feel a acquitted myself well and as I happily return to the shadows of obscurity in my shed I wonder if I made anyone feel any better?

0 comments: