Thursday 12 May 2011

Euthymol Toothpaste Packaging Experiment. (re-post)

After the calamity of Blogger's recent fall-over I find that I've 'lost' two posts in the wash.
I can't remember exactly what waffle I typed about this project so I'll just stick to the facts.

Taking one Euthymol (Original) Toothpaste cardboard carton, I carefully, taking care not to tear the cardboard, separated the side join then flattened the package out.
Using a scalpel, I removed all the product information and blurb. I then glued the flattened pack to a sheet of A4 paper and left it to dry.
(Some drying time was allowed...)
I trimmed the surplus paper away, reassembled the carton then mounted it on a cardboard plinth:
I constucted a small blue LED lamp and dropped it inside:
But, on the whole, I think I prefer a plain white lamp:
Now that's what I call re-cycling.

8 comments:

Wartime Housewife said...

I tried to comment on this ages ago but for some reason Blogger kept throwing me out. It's completely wonderful - if a little fragile.

OutaSpaceMan said...

it's more robust than it appears as I stuck some wooden meat skewers into each of the inside corners.

Currently it's stood on the end of the bedstead, with the elephants, as Linda likes to stare at it as she drifts into the land of nod.

Pansy Cradledew said...

This is inspired - and I'm pleased to see that Art Nouveau is alive and well, too.

OutaSpaceMan said...

Thanks Pansy.
Linda and I can never decide on what's Deco and what's Nouveau.

Wartime Housewife said...

Please, please let Pansy Cradledew be your real name.

OutaSpaceMan said...

Pansy,
You really should look at W.H.'s blog.

Pansy Cradledew said...

Pansy Cradledew is an alias, I'm afraid... My real name is Dimity Cashew.
Wartime Housewife's homemaking reputation precedes her - there are few places on the web where you can go for a fruity recipe AND tyre changing information. Not to mention a nice cup of tea.

Le Sanglier said...

How many places on earth can you find the words "cardboard" and "plinth" plonked together in a truly meaningful way? Brilliant.

The words "pansy" and "cradle" and "dew" are also a lovely combination, evoking whimsy and delight. Bravo, Dimity!

I really like the lamp.