Wednesday 24 April 2013

OSM: It Am Me Style an' Fashion...

I had a brief, but enjoyable visit to the RAFA club open-mic night.
I was in two minds about going.
I wanted to try out playing my (almost-got-it-down) version of "Puttin' on the Ritz".
(It's a bit of a bugger to play and sing I'll have you know.)

Here's a link to my 3rd demo of it:
'Puttin' On The Ritz' (Berlin) Demo 03
Yes, I know it's to fast.
Yes, I know, I fluffed the vocal on the first Gm section.
:-(
I cheered myself by remembering one can't expect to make an omelette without breaking open the protective packaging of unborn chickens and emptying the contents out.

I didn't fancy going out much.

A wild telephone call appears.
Mr Paul suggests I should go to the RAFA.
I went to the RAFA.

I played 'Rizt'.
It went very well actually (better than the recording anyway).

Mr. Paul then presented me with a gift:
IMG_8020
Smooth.
A Zydeco Tie!!
Thank you Mr. Paul.
Me gusta!


2 comments:

La Jolie Guirlande said...

Que chico mas bonito....and yes you did a fab job on the song...just so wished I'd been brave enough to get up and dance.

Angela

Unknown said...

I thought it sounded great x