Wednesday 23 January 2013

Ukulele Tunes 01: Between The Lines (osm)

I wrote this song in 2005.
I remember been sort of happy with it.

This recording consists of:

  • The original recording of Concert Ukulele, Vocal and Kazoo made with an iPod running the Retro Recorder app.
  • A bass line recorded using the Broom-Pole and Tin-Box Single String Bass.
  • A Baritone ukulele track.
  • Another Concert Uke track using the Resonator Ukulele.
  • Additional Vocal track.
All additional recording was done in GarageBand.

I had intended to use the initial recording as a guide for more carefully recorded overdubs though all the recorded tracks appear in this version.
(and will do until I can decide on how to mix it properly)

And the words go:

I treasure every letter sent
From the place where you have gone
Its simple words and heartfelt thoughts 
That help me carry on
You write how much your missing me
In sorrow your heart pines
I study every word you write
Never read between the lines

When you write your letters home
You don't seem so far away
The life you lead is different now 
While mine's still day to day
I know you find it hard to write
While your having such good times
I still study every word you write
Never read between the lines

I've not heard from you for sometime now
Can't think what I've done wrong
I've written to you everyday 
To say my love's still strong (and)
Though their tattered bits of paper now
I've read a million times
I still study every word you write
Never read between the lines
© osm 2005

1 comments:

Le Sanglier said...

I love the sound of a kazoo. Once I heard Mozart's Eine Kleine Nachtmusik (not looking up the spelling and proud of it) played by a kazoo quartet. A thing like that sticks with you. This song seems sad to me.