Thursday 23 August 2012

The Jelly.

I like jelly.
I like jelly because, now we have a micro-wave oven, it's easy to make.
I decided to use the biggest bowl in the cupboard and build a monster jelly.

I began with purple jelly:
Purple Jelly
Combined with fruit cocktail:
Fruit Cocktail
The base layer complete:
Jelly With Fruit Cocktail
For the next layer, red jelly:
Raspberry Jelly Packet
Made up using an exotic fruit drink:
Orange Mango passion fruit juice
Looking good:
Two Level Jelly
Then a massive set back occurred when some eating took place:
Half a Jelly
So much eating in fact that I had no alternative but to start again with purple jelly:
Purple Jelly
Some more eating took place:
Purple Jelly Half eaten
Before anymore damage could be done Orange Jelly with fruit cocktail was added:
Orange Jelly and Fruit Cocktail
Back on track:
Jelly with fruit salad
Next layer made with red jelly:
Red Jelly
Mixed up with cider:
Dry Cider
Looking good again:
Two Tier Jelly
After some more eating and more purple jelly and more fruit cocktail we have this:
Jelly
Add another layer of red jelly made up with cider:
Preparing Jelly
And finally:
Monster Jelly top view
the monster jelly complete
I'm sick of jelly.

3 comments:

Le Sanglier said...

That was fun. You are fun. Anyone who eats and repairs is awesome. We call it Jello in the states, 'cause that is the brand name. I suppose if we called it something non-brand-name it would be fruit gel. Jelly is the stuff we put on toast. At first, I thought it was odd to make jelly in the micro-wave. Why wouldn't you buy jelly ready made in jars, like we do here? So I was really keen to read your post and find out all about micro-wave jelly making in England. I found this website... check it out... http://www.ideafinder.com/history/inventions/jello.htm ... My 117 grandmother told me that, back in the day, jello used to be considered a really high class fancy dessert, because it had to be chilled and not everyone could do that in the rural parts where she grew up. You had to have decent icebox technology or, I suppose, the right outside temps for jellification but not freezification. Who knew I could prattle on SO LONG about Jello? I wonder how many blog posts there are on the web about fruit gel? Websites don't count. Just personal blog entries.

OutaSpaceMan said...

When you say 'jelly' we say jam.
Which my Granny always told me we would have tomorrow.

There is a type of jelly we spread on toast but 'calves-foot' has kind of unappetising sound to it.

Le Sanglier said...

Jam is the stuff that still has fruit particles in it. It is yummy yumsters. Jelly is the stuff that has had all the fruit solids strained out of it. Less yumsters, to my way of thinking. Like, grape jelly... ho hum... but grape jam? OOOOOOOOooooo... so so yummy.... 'specially homemade with free grapes from your neighbor. I love jam. I love toast. I could live in a toast world where jam was enlightenment and buttering was... omg... i am late for work A G A I N. ARGHHHHHH. I don't know what buttering is in my toast world. I gotta go. Rats.