Tuesday 9 August 2011

Paul's Extreme Sound Stretch. (Updated)

I used to listen to a programme on Resonance FM.
It was called 'Fast Records Played Slow'.
The show title says it all really.
I enjoyed it a great deal.

Today Mr G. Webster of The Pavilion of Innocent Pastimes sent me a link to Paul's Extreme Sound Stretch.

Good 'eaven's !
I am now listening to Side 01 of Autobahn by Kraftwerk.
Originally 22:44, now stretched to 1:51:35.

This Paul's Extreme Sound Stretch is the future of my entertainment for the foreseeable future.
Slow lane obviously.

Update
I should have probably explained that the play back is at the same pitch as the original recording it's just the speed that has been reduced unlike, say, when you play a 45 at 33.3.

4 comments:

Glyn said...

Turn that thing up full and Autobahn will play for 45,630,846,452,201 years, by which time every star in the Universe will have gone out.

OutaSpaceMan said...

And in that time
that will be no time
a voice will boom out
across the void
"y'got any Hawkwind?"

just john said...

I never pass up the opportunity to mention that of 45 rpm records that sound great at 33, Elton John's "Saturday Night's Alright for Fighting" and the Archies' "Sugar Sugar" are among the best.

OutaSpaceMan said...

Just fed The Legendary Stardust Cowboy into the process.
I'm saving Trout Mask Replica until the weekend.