Sunday 28 August 2011

More Cheap Instrument Music, Dismantled Wooden Myrna Loy.

Some time ago I was asked by Mr. Frank Key of Hooting Yard if I could re-imagine the traditional folk song 'Dismantled Wooden Myrna Loy' and perhaps make it relevant for today's modern music consumer.

I couldn't be arsed so handed it over to the Midnight Car Park Ramblers with the instruction to construct an appropriate setting which I could then sing along to.
Here's what they did with it:
 Dismantled Wooden Myrna Loy
My people are engaged in heated negotiation with the Hooting Yard Morris Dance and Esoteric Wrestling Team's people in an attempt to persuade them to interpret the song through the medium of dance, handkerchiefs, and half-nelson.

2 comments:

Wartime Housewife said...

I love watching Morris dancing and I agree that this should be interpreted forthwith.

Last week I narrowly missed out on a mug on ebay which had Morris Dancing Gollys on it. I shall now go to my rest, dreaming of gollys dancing to 'Myrna Loy' and try not to imagine them burying wooden dolls.

OutaSpaceMan said...

I have a sneaking suspicion I've created an 'ear-worm'.
Two people have told me that they can't get this song out of their heads.

Originally I'd intended to add 'jingle bells' to the mix but worried that it might suggest Christmas rather than Morris dancing.