Wednesday 19 January 2011

Cycle-Motor: The Backwheel.

I creep tentatively forward.
The fiddly job of fitting the drive sprocket to the wheel.
It involves passing a bolt through the sprocket, a rubber mount, the wheel spokes, another rubber mount, a metal plate, a flat washer, a spring washer then into a brass domed nut nine times.
I managed to drop each item listed above at least once.

The worry here was that the wheel wouldn't align correctly in the frame.
Fits perfectly and looks 'right':
The next hurdle involves finding an extra length of 415HD chain for the drive side.

2 comments:

Oldfool said...

These days I seem to drop things a lot. The problem with that is they mostly go into another dimension. Sometimes it is after they hit the floor/ground teasing me with the sound of where they might be. Other times they wink out of this world while still in mid air. I drop things because sometimes my fingers move in unexpected ways paying no attention to the directions given them.

OutaSpaceMan said...

I've had those teasing sound moments and spent long times searching in the places I've heard them.
'Butter-fingeredness' has been my life's constant companion.