Thursday 11 February 2010

Outa_Spaceman vs. Neural Circus: Play That Funky Music White Boy....

Once upon a long time ago I used to go to discotheques to jig about in a frantic manner in an attempt to attract ladies...
There was one particular 'hit' that always signaled time for me to leave the dance floor and take a beer break...
'Play That Funky Music White Boy' by Wild Cherry...
I thought it was 'trite'...
Imagine my surprise, on messing about with my new Stylophone Beat Box, to find myself singing that self same hit...
I thought I'd record my own version to find out if I could overcome my dislike of it...
I sampled all the sounds from the Stylophone and built them up in 'Reason' (I use the 2.5 version...)
I then got down with my bad self and did this:


I think I may have a go at 'How Long' by Ace...

4 comments:

Glyn said...

More blinkenlights!

OutaSpaceMan said...

I thought I'd add some cute little eyes to the 'machine'...
Linda took one look at it and said they were boobs and
droopy boobs at that...
I just can't work out what goes on in some people's heads..

Glyn said...

There are all these little white patches on the left that look like they could be lights, and I was waiting for them to light up too in multiple colours.

"please keep still and only watchen astaunished the blinkenlights."

OutaSpaceMan said...

Point taken Glyn...
I maybe should have made more effort...
The animation is just 2 frames running at 25 fps...
I just needed something quick to add a focal point...
I'm working up something a little more elaborate on the blinking lights front for the next song but have become distracted by animating a flying cornice...