Thursday 18 February 2010

O.S.M. Ind: Decorated Wooden Box File....

Occasionally Linda insists that we visit IKEA...
I can, usually, manage to pass through the various exciting furniture purchasing opportunity departments unscathed...
I enjoy visiting the restaurant and the meatballs n 'taters noshing...
My downfall is always the 'Market Place'...
"Oh, wooden things 6 for a pound..."
"Oh, a throw (we don't use throws).."

I went through a period of buying wooden box files (I now prefer 'proper' box files) and have accumulated quite a few that live, unused, in the attic...

They're perfect candidates for some experimentation with finishes and decoration...
The first experiment involves a coat of old tea, a coat of iron oxide, some rub-down floral transfers and a final polish with bees wax:


That went well and nobody had to die...
I think I'll try 'verdigris' next...

0 comments: