Tuesday 28 July 2009

Sea Area Tea Towel...

This recent purchase combines two of my enduring pleasures, the Shipping Forecast and washing up...
I love the Shipping Forecast, the comforting strains of Ronald Binge's (fantastic name!) 'Sailing By' followed by the mantra-like intoning of the forecast it's self (non of which I understand)...
It's sort of like 'putting the country to bed'...
I then rest easy in the dark night...

'You don't have a dish washer..?' Is a comment I often hear at the fashionable cocktail parties I'm always getting invited to...
'No I bloody don't' is my happy, an somewhat smug, reply...
Washing up is the one opportunity I have to impose my innate control freakery on inanimate objects...
I'm invariably left alone to get on with it...

I notice my tea towel is out of date as Finisterre (not shown in picture) is now named FitzRoy...
All things must pass I suppose...

You can buy your own Sea Area Tea Towel here:
Buy the Sea

3 comments:

Oldfool said...

Except for the homeless I am probably the only person in the USA that doesn't have a dishwasher. I had one once but I didn't like it.
I don't get invited to fashionable cocktail party's and maybe not having a dishwashing machine is the reason. And then again maybe not.
Nice towels.

iffi said...

Ah, the shipping forecast..

Some of us here in Finland appreciate it too. Passionately.

I hope this allows you to sample our forecast.

http://areena.yle.fi/haku//uusimmat/hakusana/meris%C3%A4%C3%A4

It is regrettable that some of the younger radio personel have not acquired the 'right' pronounciation, but usually it is good enough.

Can I hear the British forecast on-line for free? Haven't looked for it extensively, I'll try to find it but usually a search like this results in 'blah, tis is 4 brits only, suck on en egg, and please, visit us again'.

OutaSpaceMan said...

Jani,
Try this link:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b006qfvv
I've just used it and it works fine...