Thursday 16 July 2009

Cleaning Copper Using Brown Sauce...

I'm an always on the look out for interesting experiments to perform...
I read that brown sauce can be used to clean copper...
I decided to put it to the test...
The equipment:Lid from a copper kettle, brush and bottle of brown sauce (I would have liked to use H.P. sauce but we don't have any...)
The process:Brown sauce applied to copper lid with the brush...
Wait for 8 hours and...
The result:Conclusion:Well, yes it cleaned the tarnish off but it took a lot of buffing to bring up the shine...
I'd do the rest of the kettle in the same way but I'm preparing a sausage sandwich and I have a much more important use for the brown sauce...
(Small sachets of brown sauce can be found in various cafe's and restaurants thoughout the U.K. and is usually free...)

0 comments: