Sunday 20 June 2010

A Solution To A Problem That Didn't Exist Until I Invented It.


Due to Linda's love of soap operas I spend a good deal of my time sat in my lab/workshop twiddling my thumbs while my muse is off somewhere musing someone else.
Should I want to entertain myself with sound I have, in the past, happily plugged my pod into the old valve radio set up which, to be fair, involves a bit of a sound quality trade off if I want to listen to anything other than mp3 files of 78 rpm records.
(There is a deeper problem but more of that in a later post.)
I've hit upon a solution.
No, not headphones or, as they are described in the manual, ear-buds.
The AUX input on my Roland Micro Cube.
I stuck my pod cradle to the back of it and plugged in.
Compact, portable and mono.
Perfect.

Here is a list of the pod-casts that fill up the blank spaces in my life:


The great thing about this set up being that I can plug in a microphone and join the conversations.
Sort of chit-chat-karaoke.
Bases covered.

3 comments:

Oldfool said...

You're my hero. I think. uh.

Ken said...

that's really cool!

Ken of SittingNow

OutaSpaceMan said...

Ken,

Isn't it about time you got back to doing a bit of pod-casting?

NOW!

O.S.M. B:52