Saturday 2 May 2009

What do you mean 'weird'..?


Every now and again I catch a glimpse of why people think I'm 'odd', won't visit and seem somewhat uneasy around me...
In my defense I'd like say that I never 'plan' items such as this. I just follow a path until I reach what I consider to be the end...
Another assumption is that I'm "on drugs"...
Well, outside of nicotine and caffeine, I've never found alcohol, narcotics, psychedelics or stimulants to be of any utility at all when it comes to 'being creative...'
This particular piece incorporates several experiments...
  1. Taking a latex mold from a doll's face.
  2. Casting a Sculpty replication of the doll's face.
  3. Linking two 3v bulbs in parallel (or was it series..?)
  4. Making a wooden support with old firework sticks.
  5. Gluing bone to wood.
All completely normal behaviour (for a weirdo...)

1 comments:

Glyn said...

Once your neighbours have decided whether you are a mad scientist or a witch they will feel less shy.