Saturday 1 March 2008

Thromnanbulaxion Tribal Masks...

During my last mission I stopped off on a small uncharted planet...
Imagine my surprise when, upon landing and stepping on to the heavily vegetated surface, I was surrounded and "attacked" by hundreds of small humanoid beings waving a variety of sharp, pointy weapons...
My response to this aggression was to scythe through the throng with a large blunt instrument, a text book defense method I had learnt as a cadet...
Imagine my embarrassment to later discover that I had misunderstood the traditional Thromnanbulaxion welcoming dance...
Later, in his palatial cave, oh how the chief of these valiant people and I laughed at my appalling faux pas...
He did, however, allow me to keep a couple of the tribal masks of the slain...

(N.B. The parallel development of the "safety" pin. Used by the Thromnanbulaxeions to ward off evil nose spirits.)

0 comments: