Sunday 15 January 2012

I've Got A Plan.

"The secret of quiet happiness lies in limiting your aspirations".
I've abandoned guitar playing.
I was only ever, at best, an average strummer and no amount of practice ever changed that fact.
Playing the guitar was, and always has been, just a means to an end.
I needed to accompany myself and the guitar was the most convenient instrument for that purpose.
It's never been my favourite instrument and it always felt like a bit of a dead-end.

I've concentrated on playing baritone ukulele for over a year now and find it a much more rewarding instrument.
I'd really like a good quality tenor ukulele and I need to raise the cash.
£300+ should do the trick.

So, the great sell off begins with my Pignose 7-100 practice amp:
This Little Piggy Gone To eBay
To describe the Pignose as a 'practice amp' is a little unfair.
I know session guitarists who use nothing else in the studio (except for their precious analogue FX pedals) and use it as a pre-amp when playing live.
Truth to tell I haven't used it for months and months and can't imagine using it again anytime soon so bye, bye piggy.

The sell off list will include:
A resonator guitar.
A red Alden triple pickuped, tear-drop shaped electric guitar.
A Roland Cube 30 amp.
A Vox (Korg variant) AC10 (it's got an intermittent fault so I'll unload it on Cash Converters heh, heh.)
A whole raft of FX pedals and dynamic microphones.

I'm tempted to hang on to my tiny P.A. but if it comes between me and a good uke, it may have to go as well.

I can't describe the weight that's been lifted from my shoulders.

1 comments:

Glyn said...

I'd bags the Cube if there was any practical to collect it...