Saturday 14 January 2012

The Best £20 I Ever Spent.

It's fair to say that Linda is atypical of women of, ahem, her age in that's she's an enthusiastic video 'gamer'.
This isn't some recent development, Linda's been playing video games for years.
The attic is filled with the many and varied consoles and computers that have facilitated her addiction in the past along with the associated floppy discs, cartridges and other paraphernalia (which I am strictly forbidden to dispose of).

Her current platform of choice is a limited edition red Nintendo Wii that I bought her for Xmas 2010.
She's also a fan of the Rayman adventures and has all the different incarnations of the game series.

I was at a complete loss as to what to buy Linda for Xmas until the new Rayman Origins adventure turned up last year.

Since ripping the packaging from the game on Xmas morning, all of Linda's concentration has been focused directly on it (except for when Emmerdale and Corrie' are on of course).

So here's a brief insight into what life has been like in the flat since the 25th of December:
Things in the game are not going well at the moment.

4 comments:

Banished To A Pompous Land said...

We bought Banished Jr. a Wii for Xmas as he was driving his step sister loopy wanting to play Mario Bros on hers.

Whilst I've never got on with the things myself its turning out to be a boon in Mrs B's latest effort to give up smoking. She can take her aggression out on pixillatted thingies and it gives her something to do with her hands.

OutaSpaceMan said...

I can recommend Wii Fit Sports (it needs the Wii Fit Board) for Mrs. B.
Watching Linda 'Ski Jumping' is the most hilarious spectator sport ever.

I, like you, have never caught the gaming bug.
I haven't got the required hand/eye coordination.

More of 'Systems' Pete thing I feel.

Vince said...

Ooh, I must send Linda our Wii friend's code so we can exchange Mii's!!

Banished To A Pompous Land said...

Wii Sports is the one kind of game I can have fun with. The Wii Sports baseball has improved my timing on the swing tremendously.

The ones I hate are where you get stuck in one little corner and keep getting killed. Im too old to enjoy getting killed. I don't have the patience.