Thursday 8 November 2012

Adventures In Modern Cycling: Apollo Veho II Winter Bike Update.

As my eyesight is so severely compromised at the moment I really shouldn't be driving the car at all so my bicycle has become even more precious to me.

The mods I made to the Apollo are working well though I did chose the wrong gear for general use and have dropped it a cog so I'm now running a 40t front and 20t rear (though it might actually be 19t).

The cranks needed a bit of a tweak up as the left one had started to 'click' a bit.

Tyres run at 60 psi. Could be more but it rolls just fine as it is.

I need some hand-grips and I'm considering a set of ski-bar ends just to make my riding position a little more comfortable.
I need to have a word with Santa Claus about those additions.

I'm going to make a front 'crud-catcher' when I can find a suitable plastic bottle and a couple of zip-ties.

I'd really like the saddle to be about 1.5 inches higher but I'm on the limit now so will have to swap the very long seat stem from the green bike over to this one.

I need to adjust the rear brake as it's bloody useless at the moment.

HipstaPrint

0 comments: