Monday 13 May 2013

I Am Iron (ing) Man.

I like wearing ironed clothes.
I won't go as far as to say I 'like' ironing, but I don't mind doing it as the results are beneficial.

When I'm ironing I use the equipment shown in this picture:
Iron (ing) Man
We live in a high-lime area so I use distilled water in the steam iron.

I iron my underwear.
Because crumpled underpants are unsightly and uncomfortable, until you've worn them for a while by which time they have to go back into the washing pile.

I iron the bed linen.
Because by getting into bed clothes that have been ironed I can almost fool myself into imagining I'm in an expensive hotel.

My advice to would-be ironistas is don't try to iron bras.
It just doesn't work.

3 comments:

Le Sanglier said...

Ironing is old fashioned. So I am for it. But ironing a bra? That would just be silly. If you iron your sheets they must be cotton. I think cotton are the best sort. I don't like the ones that are made from the fibers of the Polyester Bush at all.

What did you have for dinner? I am eating sauteed red onion, tiny bits of chicken breast and some very amazing sprouted brown rice -- all stirred up together in a hot pan with some olive oil and a little salt. And a roasted sweet potato, but that hasn't finished roasting so I will eat that later. I hope you are as happy about your dinner as I am about mine.

Ivy Arch said...

Bras are for burning, not ironing.

OutaSpaceMan said...

WORD OF WARNING!

Should you consider the course of action suggested by Mrs. Arch,
It is essential that the bra should first be removed from your body.

('nd watch out, them nylon ones go up like dry grass in a heat wave).