Saturday 6 April 2013

Hove Folk Club

BeHeld went out on our biggest adventure yet last night.
Hove Folk Club held a rare singers night at their club in a room above the Poet's Corner Pub.
The room just bristled with ability.

We were all very nervous.
We'd rehearsed 6 songs.
We were asked to do 3.
No problem, straight to the best songs.

We played:
You & Me.
The Comfort of Days
Heart.

The audience asked us to play another song
We played:
Come Here.

The rush that came back from the people in that room nearly burst my heart.

That was the best performance BeHeld have done so far.
There are no pictures, no recordings, no films.
You had to be there.

I'm blowing our own trumpet.
The rest of the performers were all astonishing.
There was some tip-top fiddle playing.

A young woman sang a Freddie King song.
I got something in my eye.

Lots of things that reminded me of why I like folk music.

I won a tray in the raffle!



1 comments:

Le Sanglier said...

I wish I HAD been there. Congratulations!