Friday 11 September 2009

Calender Cat Restoration...

I found this Calender Cat in a box in the attic. All the date cards had disappeared and the whole thing was destined to remain in the attic for evermore.
But then..!
I found a complete set of cards on one of my bin-dipping expeditions so it's restoration time...
After dismantling I covered the brass bits in tomato sauce and left it for 24 hours to remove the tarnish..
I sanded and varnished the wooden base and...
Finished...
Well, sort of...
The astute will notice that it's a one-eyed-cat...
I'm now on the look out for a replacement green glass 'eye'...
I asked Linda if she had any old jewelry I could prize some 'eyes' from...
I was told, in no uncertain terms, that it would be unwise of me to touch any of her jewelry if I wanted to continue to enjoy walking un-aided...

0 comments: